Saturday, January 15, 2011

hobbies are hobbies too

I had a dream last night that I was yelling at my bad class. They weren't listening, as per usual, and I woke myself up in the middle of yelling, "QUIET!" I swear I half said the word before I was awake and thinking, "Did I almost say that out loud?" Considering how little I dream, I'm surprised I had this at all.

You know that feeling you get after you finish something that has taken a long time? Like reading a long book series or writing a long story or finishing a television series? Like something is missing and you don't quite know what to do with yourself? I don't like that feeling. It's sort of depressing in a way. Try watching all three Lord of the Rings movies in a row and you'll understand the feeling. The feeling that things are over and there won't be anymore.

I spent the last week watching Avatar: The Last Airbender, which I will recommend as an amazing show even though it's animated and intended for age 8-10. Granted, it's only three seasons long and it ended about 3 years ago. I did watch a few episodes 5 years ago when I was in college and a friend liked it, but for some reason I just didn't get into it. Probably because I saw a few episodes in the middle. Starting from the beginning is a much better idea.

Basically, I'm in love with Zuko and if he was real, I'd marry him. Of course, the same goes for Sokka, and for Dmitre from Anastasia. The point is, after I finished the series (yesterday - I watched 8 episodes in a row, couldn't stop myself), I was left with that empty feeling again.

My hobbies are not vast or really varied. And a lot of them are combined. I like to knit, but I do it while watching TV shows. I like to cook but I need the right kitchen setup to really feel comfortable doing it. And oven would be helpful too. My interest in animals is pretty much caput at the moment considering I can't have a pet here. I've forgotten half the things I used to know from 4-H. Writing is an interest, but it's something that takes an idea and if you don't feel like writing, you don't feel like writing. I do need to finish my NaNoWriMo, but.... my motivation went *poof* when November ended.

Lately, I've also been in that strange mood where you just want to delete all social network profiles and vanish from the internet, which is, of course, impossible in this day and age. In the past two years, I've deleted 2 livejournals, 2 twitters, insanejournal, dreamwidth, myspace, bebo (did not remember i even had this), buzznet, 1 blog, and I really should delete my tumblr too. I can't delete my facebook and I like my facebook. Living abroad without facebook is really hard as I found out last year when I went 3 months without it in China until I just couldn't take it and got a VPN.

Pointless post is pointless.

And on a parting note, eight year olds are the devil. Next time I'll take down all their names and give them all a punishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment