Wednesday, March 23, 2011

lunch inside a postcard

Today, I had lunch inside a postcard. No, not literally, although I honestly don't think that'd be a bad idea.

For the first time since probably September, the weather was warm. Not just warm, but also sunny, breezy, and generally perfect. Il faisait beau aujourd'hui.

I had lunch at one of the many cafes in the place des heros which faces the Arras belfry. Despite the warnings of radioactive clouds, there were none in the sky which was a picture-perfect blue. I also flanne'd (wandered) along the many clothes stores. Everyone seemed to be out today, especially at the park where I witnessed a group of boys doing some very strange things involving cigarette smoke, each others' mouths, and jerking each other off the ground. I didn't ask.

A lovely day in the Nord pas de Calais.

No comments:

Post a Comment