Thursday, April 7, 2011

il faisait beau aujourd'hui

Things the train window told me today: Je suis sale, Douai, 59, and je t'aime. If there'd been a "nettoie-moi" it would have been perfect.

Otherwise, it was a pretty good day anyway. The weather has been absolutely amazing the past couple days, sunny, no clouds, 75 degrees. Kevin keeps telling me it's not normal for this time of year but it seems normal to me. Then again, I'm coming from Arizona where it's sunny 340 days of the year.

I had another complete and un-simplified conversation with a French person - actually two: one with Kevin and one with Sebastien. You'd think after all this time that I'd do that all the time, but I really don't, and they're lovely days when I get to.

Maybe it was such a good day because I know the end is imminent which also makes me a little sad because I've finally gotten everything down and feel comfortable enough to talk to people on my own, and the kids like me, and I know what I'm teaching. And now it's all about to be over.

I've only got two more days of teaching left. Where did all the time go?! Beuf. I'm not ready for it to be over yet.

Side note: I wrote 26 pages for script frenzy yesterday so I'm up to 51 pages total. I'll try to write another 3-10 tonight if I can figure out what's going on in the episode... Then I need to finalize plans for the next month, like hostels and flights and stuff. Ugh. Not looking forward to packing or closing my bank account. What a chore that's going to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment