Sunday, October 17, 2010

even on dimanche, on fait de la greve

What did I do with my Sunday, you ask? Well, I spent the majority of it messing around on photoshop creating a comic for a friend. It's mostly about Harry Potter. Don't judge me.  I can't draw for my life (*chorus of Hermione Can't Draw plays in the background*) but I can use the computer, so it's simple but you can tell who is who.

Obviously we can see how well I'm integrating into French society! But do not judge my social habits based on this one day spent frowning at a drawing's eyebrows and wondering how I can make them look happy and devious and excited all at the same time.

Yesterday, I saw The Social Network... in French. I liked it, yes, but I really want to see it in English now. It's a talky, smart movie, which doesn't work so well when you can only get about half of the dialogue. Normally, I don't like Jesse Eisenberg (or the many others that are so similar to him: Michael Cera, and that other guy). They all play the same characters and I don't see how it's possible to like one better than another). But he seemed to do a good job here. At least he was playing a somewhat different character than normal. Even without the English dialogue, I felt really bad for his best friend. If you haven't seen it, I would recommend it.

As for the Toussaint holiday, I had plans but now they are fuzzy, and I'm still not sure what's going on. My friend is being flaky, which I hate. I suppose I will know soon enough. I should really go start a lesson plan or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment