Wednesday, October 20, 2010

there are many shades of black

Trip planning is such a huge hassle. Why can't I just hop on a train and let it take me wherever it's going? Oh, because then I'd have no idea what to do after I got there. That's why.

There are so many places I want to go to. Once you add in the costs, though, and the time spent on trains and planes, it all seems very much not worth it.

I'm attempting to plan a trip to London for November, a short, weekend jaunt, and it's possible, but only if I manage to get the visa stuff figured out and, well, some money would help. I may be going to the prefecture today to see what the deal about the visa de retour is. For all I know, they'll say I don't need one, which is in direct contradiction to what other ~official~ people have said. Why so confusing, France? I did go to the secu office today (social security) and apparently they're going to send me a provisoire card (temporary). I just tried to write 'provisory' in English. It didn't work.

I think maybe I'm getting cabin fever. I need to go somewhere for the holiday. Anywhere. I don't even care if it's just Lille. It needs to be somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment