Monday, October 25, 2010

high ho, high ho, it's off to... where?

The whole point of being a language assistant is to live in France, and therefore improve upon what I've supposedly been studying for the past 9 years of my life. But it's also the point that I'm in Europe, which is generally an awesome place to be if you ignore the constant strikes and weird men on the street who greet you with a curling smirk and wandering eyes.

Poking around on various (and by various I mean about twenty) travel websites, I think I may have finally found my cheap way to Prague. There's a flight (in February) from Paris to Prague one-way for about 45 euros. From there, I want to fly to Rome and then back to Paris. I think I could do it all for around 150 euros. It might sound expensive but it's three (very far from each other) places.

Attempting to plan the London trip is becoming very annoying. The best deal I think is to take a train there and back, for around 100 euros. Plus there's the extra hassle of the visa and no one having the same information so who knows if it even matters. However, I think I may just be dedicated enough to make it happen anyway. This is the only chance (well, unless I miraculously happen to live near New York next summer) to go to a Harry Potter premiere and (hopefully!) see Rupert Grint. It's on my Bucket List, you know, to meet him. Don't ask why. It just is. Idea! I should buy one of the HP books in French and bring it with me in the slight off-chance that I do get to meet someone. It's something for them to sign, you know? Whenever I meet people at concerts, I never have anything. It's an unfortunate pattern in my life. Oh, and let's hope the OFII medical visit is not scheduled for that week? Because that would be just awesome. /sarcasm.

As for the Toussaint holiday (which we are currently sitting on right now), some plans are slowly formulating to hit up Lille and Brussels. I did a little research on Brussels, and it seems the majority of things to do there are eat, which would be great if I had more money. Ah, the ever-lasting paradox. Things to do but no money to do them with.

Adios, amigos. Or, au revoir, a bientot!

No comments:

Post a Comment