Tuesday, November 30, 2010

haters to the left

There is a girl in one of my classes named Chlésia and all I can think of when her name is said is Chlamydia.


Today in one of my classes, I decided to do the traditional, "let's make turkeys out of your hands!" that every American kid had to suffer through every year from age five to ten. Well, my kids liked it anyway, but they love anything that has to do with coloriage. Afterwards, I told them that the drawings were for them to keep and take home. And lo and behold, about seven gave me their drawings for me to keep and take home! lol. 

On Thursday, I have my inspection, or... observation. I don't know. Willy is going to come by and watch me and that's not nerve-wracking at all! Not a bit.

I woke up this morning to a fine layer of snow blanketing my windowsill and the sidewalks and roads outside. And for once, I had a nice, interesting conversation with a French person that consisted of more than just, "Oui," and "Okay." Kévin (a sort of teaching assistant - he helps the "challenged" kids) drove me to the train station after work (it's another town over) and it was nice to talk to someone who wasn't twice my age. For once, I was bringing up subjects and actually answering questions. I know my French isn't horrible but a lot of times it just feels inadequate. But hey, everyone understands me and I've gotten really lucky with my school in that all the teachers are nice and accommodating and they seem genuinely happy to have an English assistant (it's the school's first year). But I've actually heard that all of the people in my département are happy with their schools (by département, I mean the nine of us teaching primary school in the Pas-de-Calais region), and I think it has a lot to do with Willy, who really does care, hence why he's coming out to do inspections and give us some tips. 

I'm really glad for my situation, and after looking on the forums (god, people complain a lot), I think maybe they don't appreciate it as much as I do. There are plenty of people that didn't get to come who would gladly take one of those complainers places. As for me, I'm happy just where I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment