Thursday, November 25, 2010

I left out the part where the Americans killed all the indians.

Joyeuse Action de Grace! Or rather, Happy Thanksgiving.

I woke up this morning at 7AM as usual for a Thursday, went to work, explained cranberries to children of varying ages ("It's like a cherry but smaller and not sweet") - the teacher went on to explain that they have cranberry juice in France, and around noon (while revising "I like playing football") it started snowing.

The first snow of the season on Thanksgiving day. How awesome. Me, I love snow although snow in France is a definite step-up from snow in China. At the very least, we have heat here. It didn't last long and the ground was too wet for it to stick, but there's more in the forecast later this week.

At lunch, I ate something I didn't bother to ask what it was. As long as you don't tell me, I'm much more likely to try it. Turns out I ate veal the other day (first time, very glad I didn't know at the time). I also ate mussels for the first time (although those were pretty obvious what they were) - they're a very traditional northern dish. Mussles and fries.

Afterwards, I miraculously forgot the word for "food" after using it numerous times that week and even that day. It was just a blank moment. The teacher mentioned Obama pardoning the Turkeys, who of course will be sent to Disneyland.

The Happiest Turkeys on Earth

My big plans for Thanksgiving involve nothing more interesting than watching TV. Compared to last year, when us 12 Americans got together for chicken, sweet potatoes, and various desserts (both appetizing and not, lol). 

On a more random note, whenever I put quotations around my words as I speak in French, I'm reminded of high school French class where we decided that we should do the French quotations << oui ! >> with our arms in that shape. Six years later, it's still in my head. Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment